Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year...New Goals

Well, needless to say I have NOT being doing well at keeping up with my blog or exercising. I think this is something that everyone struggles with. Not necessarily blogging, or exercising but doing things that are good for you. I have not blogged for quite some time. My last blog was about this yummy recipe that I found on skinnytaste, but not necessarily about exercising or losing weight. My last goal was to reach my goal weight and then we could go to Hawaii. That is still the goal, but it seems that focusing on the big goal isn't getting me anywhere, plus I kind of put Hawaii on a shelf because we have no money to go there anyways. I still want to go there someday. I also want to look good in a bathing suit when I do go. My newer goal is to walk 30 minutes everyday. I watched a video on wimp.com. Usually their videos are funny but sometimes they also have just really cool informational videos. This one talked about the single most important thing you could do for you health, and explained it so that most people(like me) could understand. I think we should watch it. One thing I figured out and have thought about for a long time now is that I"m pretty much doomed to die from some sort of disease. My grandma and my mother both had thyroid cancer, both my parents developed diabetes. I think my grandpa sid died from a heart attack. My family has a history of disease. Therefore I have decided to at least walk or exercise 30 min. everyday! I think all people should do this! I started yesterday and we walked to church. I don't think that it was a 30 min. walk but hey at least it's something. Our church is about 7 streets away. We're on 27th and our church building is on 20th. It was cold and I might rethink my shoe choice next time, but we did enjoy it. I've decided to also keep doing my video. I think instead of trying to overdo my self I'm going to do the video every other day. I am also going to try and make more healthy food choices. I can't buy the fancy vegetables or fruit, but I can buy more of the inexpensive kind. I also will be eating out less, mostly because we don't have jobs right now, but also because eating out is my crutch. I love eating out way too much. The way that I have figured out how to eat out less is by planning out my weekly menu. Mostly I have just been focusing on dinner, but I have been doing really good. Instead of thinking about what fast food places or restaurants sound good I think about what I can cook that sounds good. The one thing that I want is for my husband to be more excited about exercising. He promised me that he would work out with me more. He did attempt my work out video this morning but hated it, and said he'd rather be running, so I said okay go running, and he did. I hope to be more adamant about blogging as well. Even though I know I don't have many readers It will help me to stay focused.

My newest goal according to the Wii is to loose 2 lbs in 2 weeks. That is only 1 pound per week. I have not played the Wii for 111 days and it said in 111 days I gained 1.something lbs. Which is sorta cool. I also have a new goal, a new swimming suit. I saw one at target that I really like. I tried on the size that fits me but is a little big in the chest area, which means I need to loose weight in my lower (butt) area so that I can go down a size and have it fit all around.



The hardest problem I have with swimsuits is finding one that fits me and when I swim doesn't expose me. I hope that this one will work. Its a one piece and it goes slightly higher (in the chest) than most one pieces.

I hope to record my daily exercise and weight gain or loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment