Monday, January 16, 2012

Fail...Goals

Needless to say I fail. I worked out 2 days last week. I did great for 2 days and then resorted back to my couch potato trait, as I call it. I decided to make myself on the Sims 3. I added the couch potato trait because under the description it said this Sim will spend extra time watching TV and will avoid exercise at all costs. Yesterday I decided to write down my goals for the year, month, and week. I am hoping to get a planner so that if I write it down I'll be more likely to do it. Here are my goals:

Yearly Goals for 2012:


  • Read the Book of Mormon all the way.(Either with Nick or by myself).
  • Make a budget and stick to it.
  • Get a job
  • Lose 25 lbs. I figured that if I loose 2 lbs per month then it will be around 24 lbs a year.
  • Work on children's book stories or ideas. (I want to write a children's book, and illustrate it)
  • Keep apartment clean
  • Control my temper. When I get upset sometimes I really get upset. But it usually only lasts a few minutes. I do not have a good outlet figured out, so my natural reaction is to hit or throw stuff.
  • Eat more fruits and veggies.(hopefully we'll be able to do this more when we have jobs.)
  • Do more crafts/drawing.
  • Become better at the piano or other instruments.
  • Eat out less.

Monthly:

  • Read scriptures every day.
  • Stick to my weekly budget.
  • Lose 2 lbs
  • Eat out once a month ONLY
  • Work on drawing/art/stories or crafts, and finish 1.
  • Have entire apartment clean by the end of the month.

Weekly:

  • Read family scriptures every night, as well as personal scripture study.
  • Plan meals-cook meals(no eating out).
  • Exercise video 3 times a week Mon., Wed., Fri.
  • Walk or ride bike 30-40 minutes Sun., Tues., Thurs. and Saturday.
  • Draw/write/do crafts once a week or more.
  • Clean 1 room every week (thoroughly)
  • Practice piano/instrument everyday
  • Hug, kiss Nick everyday
  • When I get upset don't yell (breath)
  • Do dishes everyday (ask Nick to help)<---his suggestion
  • Stop being lazy (play Sims for 2 hrs only) set timer
  • Say daily prayers and family prayers
  • Eat fruit and veggies if possible.

Well today I did better, but I did not loose any weight. I think I gained a few lbs actually. I'm not sure I should consider the Wii Fit as an accurate measuring instrument. Well I did do my exercise video today, at least most of it. I kind of skipped what is called the squat phase. My heart was beating extremely fast, and usually I don't feel my heart beating unless I'm trying to with my finger. I was literally just breathing and my heart was pounding so hard  I could feel it. I also started feeling a little sick, I guess apple pie for breakfast doesn't count as a well balanced or nutritious breakfast. It is so hard to be healthy if you're poor. Basically you eat what is available. I had a banana and some chips cause I was feeling like my blood sugar level was off. Then I finished with the ab work out phase. Now I am going to have a turkey sandwich, with lettuce cheese and mayo and mustard. I found a option on my work out video that is just an ab work out. It is 10 minutes long. I think I will try that tomorrow...maybe. I only played the Sims for 2 1/2 hrs. which is somewhat impressive. I know some of my goals seem extreme and some not extreme at all. Hear is hoping I can accomplish them.

1 comment:

  1. I say "Play Sims all you want!" It's funny for me because I make it a goal to play Sims at all. I don't leave a lot of free time for myself so Steven tries to get me to calm down and do something I want to do like the Sims! Good luck with everything. If you feel like you're failing on your goals just remember that you can start brand new tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete