Monday, January 30, 2012

Motivation

I think the key to staying motivated is remembering what your goal is, and exactly why that goal is important to you. I am really getting tired of working out, doing the same video every other day. It's boring, and it makes me exhausted and sweaty. I hate being sweaty! Today I really didn't want to work out, I told my husband that I didn't want to and he said, "okay." I said, "no your suppose to help me to keep exercising." He said, "okay, do you want to go to Hawaii?" That made me remember my fantasy of me relaxing on the beach and not being self-conscious about my fat hanging out everywhere. At my current state I definitely would not look like what my fantasy(goal) is. I don't know that i'll ever be as beautiful as my fantasy, but at least maybe I could be fit enough to look good in a swimsuit. When my husband and I were having the discussion about loosing weight and having Hawaii as our goal, I told him that he needed to help me stay motivated. He said, "well what if you don't listen to me?" I told him to remind me of Hawaii and how I want to look good in a bathing suit. I'm actually surprised it worked. I think one of the ways that I seem to get distracted and unmotivated from working out is that whenever I should work out I focus on other things and forget the ultimate goal. I think in order for you to stay motivated you need to constantly think about your goal, maybe even everyday! Take the time to think about what you really want and think of the ways your going to reach those goals. I also think having this blog is helping. Thank you to my readers, the few of you out there. It really did help me work out today. I kept thinking, I really really don't want to do my video today, but then I remembered it was Monday and that I was going post a new blog today. I thought what would they think if I didn't post, that I failed like all the other times. I can feel my determination wavering but I still have my goal and I just need to focus on that.

I weighed myself on the Wii fit today, I decided to wait a week in between weighing myself. I reached my goal that I set, as well as my monthly goal. It is not technically the very last day of the month, but I can say that I lost 2lbs this month! It may not seem like a lot now, but down the road those 2 lbs will add up! I'm thinking about increasing my monthly goal. For now my new goal for February is still to loose 2lbs, but Maybe in March I can set it a little higher depending on how confident I feel that I could really achieve it.

My successes this month were: actually exercising at least once every week, last week I actually exercised every day I said I would. I haven't been eating/snacking too much because we're low in the food/snack area currently. That might become an issue later on when we have more money to buy food.

Failures: Not exercising MWF like I said I would every week, I splurged with the little money we had and bought chips and dip. It is my one food item that is just too hard to resist. I did not walk or exercise 30 min on Tues, Thurs. and Sat. like I said I would, I really have been failing in that goal.

Success: I did loose 2lbs this month.

To reaffirm my goals I will write them again, that way I can remember them throughout the month.

-Do work out video Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
-Exercise 30 min. Tues, Thursday, and Saturday-MUST DO BETTER ON!
-Eat healthier-I'm hoping this will be easier once we have an income.(Nick was finally able to put his papers in so now he needs to apply some more and hope jobs appear.) I would love suggestions on any healthy recipes if anyone has some.


The thing about recipes, is that unless I have all the ingredients I usually don't make them or I improvise. I hate spending too much time in the kitchen as well. I would like to figure out some really easy, yet healthy recipes. Most recipes I see online are really complicated and ask for fancy ingredients.

When I go to Hawaii I would love to see some sea turtles!

Found this on the web, it said it was a friendly sea turtle



No comments:

Post a Comment