Monday, January 23, 2012

Lazy Days

I think I have spurts of laziness, or I have spurts of activity, either way some days I really just don't want to do anything at all! Friday and Saturday were like that. I was suppose to do my work out video on Friday, because my goal is 3 times a week. Well I did not do my video, or do anything! Saturday was the same exact way. Sunday I took a really long nap after Stake Conference and then didn't do much either. I made up for my laziness today.


Today I got up, ate some yummy pancakes without syrup, the sugar hurts my teeth, so that makes it healthier right? I decided to wait an hour after eating hoping it would make working out a lot easier(make me not feel sick when I work out). Well the thing about waiting is that I start doing something else, playing Sims, and I forget to work out. I set a timer too. Luckily Nick volunteered to go running while I did my video. Sort of like a trade of, if I exercise then he has to. So I had to do my video if he was exercising too.I actually did my video today. It was still difficult. I must really be out of shape. I'm doing the beginners video and I can't breath!I did feel better though while I was working out. I think having food and waiting for your body to use it as energy helps. 


Today I actually accomplished a lot. After I worked out I took a shower and realized how dirty our bathroom was. I told Nick that if he cleaned the bathroom I would sort the clothes in our bedroom and clean up the bedroom. He said he'd rather do the bedroom. I really didn't want to do the bathroom. The main thing in the bathroom is that there are these mildew spots on the wall next to the ceiling, and I have a hard time reaching them. Also when I clean the tub I pretty much inhale the cleaner, not sure why. So I volunteered to clean the toilet and the sink if he just did the tub, and he did!! I love my husband. I'm also good at negotiating when it comes to cleaning or getting what I want. :)


Today I was making up for my laziness over the weekend. I had these ripe bananas that I had defrosted, and I needed to make banana bread or they would probably go really bad. I also wanted to make some bread. I started out making just a loaf, but Nick suggested I make sandwich rolls instead because we needed to use up the lunch meat. I sort of combined my bread machine bread recipe with a recipe from the Mormon Mom's cook book, that I got for Christmas. It was pretty much the same but it wanted you to use more flour and yeast and I had already started the yeast, so I basically just winged it. So far it has turned out good. I always have the hardest time getting my yeast to rise, I think it has to do with living in Colorado. I have some baguette pans so I am currently waiting for them to rise again. Last time I tried to make subway rolls in the baguette pans they didn't turn out. But the reason was because I had decided to freeze the dough, but before I froze it I had let it rise already and that killed the dough. If you want to freeze dough you are NOT suppose to let it rise first. This time I didn't freeze it so I'm hoping it turns out. I wish that I didn't love bread so much, I know it's not the healthiest, when your trying to loose weight. I don't know any good healthy bread recipes though. I would like to learn how to make pitas, but I think those are complicated. I already tried making focaccia and that didn't turn out.


I weighed myself on the Wii after I worked out and I gained .7 lbs? I don't ever know if they're talking about my BMI or my weight. I have a goal set for the Wii, that is how the Wii fit works, you set goals of loosing weight. I am not really counting that as my real goal because I'm just hoping to loose two lbs by the end of this month. If I go by my scale in my bathroom then I think I've already reached that goal. It's so weird though because my weight changes between 5-3 lbs occasionally, so I guess figuring out whether I reached my goal this month my be difficult. But I will say that the weight I started at ended in a 5 and if my goal is to have it end in a 3 by the end of the month, then next month(Feb.) when I am trying to reach my goal by loosing 2 lbs then my ending weight by the end of next month will end in a 1. This is sort of cryptic but I don't want to share my weight with anyone.


I found this link on Pinterest for free Zumba videos. I think tomorrow it would be fun to try that as my exercise. Or maybe I'll just walk. I guess we'll have to see if I'm feeling lazy or not. ;)








The Zumba link:


http://healthyisalwaysbetter.tumblr.com/post/8383112040/zumba-and-kickboxing-videos-for-download-or-watch-in

No comments:

Post a Comment