Monday, August 15, 2011

Yummy Santa Fe Chicken

A few people suggested a website to me that has a bunch of healthy recipes. http://www.skinnytaste.com/ I've only tried one recipe so far, but once I get some more groceries I will definitely be trying some more. I like to tweak some recipes I find online, mostly because I don't always have the right ingredients, or I don't have them period. This site seems like it would be really easy to substitute some things. I was just looking for some crock pot recipes, because cooking in our apartment makes it really hot. Which will be nice in the winter, but it's not winter yet. A recent favorite of mine and Nick's is called Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken. Here's the direct link http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

I made some adjustments because I didn't have some things, and I had some other things I wanted to use up. Here is my version.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 servings Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g

· 1 frozen Kroger chicken breast thawed and cut into two pieces. (they're pretty big breasts :)

· 2 roma tomatoes diced

· 1 can pork and beans (I bought a bunch of these when they went on sale after the 4th of July)

· handful of dried cilantro

· 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth ( used the powder mixed with water, it's the same thing)

· 1 whole jalapeno cut into medium sized chunks

· 1 tsp garlic powder

· 1 tsp onion powder

· Couple sprinkles of red pepper (to taste)

· dash of Chile powder

Combine chicken broth, beans, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, chile powder,red pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in the crock pothttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=ginsweiwatrec-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B001E5CWVU. Season chicken breast with salt, and pepper then lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice (extra pts).


I don't do weight watchers or points, but I like healthy foods. I served it over rice and had it with a tortilla. YUMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment