Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 1 Day 4

Today was killer. I don't know why, but today felt harder to work out than any other day. Maybe my body just wasn't up for it. I felt like working out was a struggle with every move. I persevered though, I decided to try on my motivation, my bikini, and I realized I have a lot of back fat. I didn't realize how much until I took a picture of my back and wow, I really need to work out a lot more, or eat a lot more healthy. Eating healthy is really hard for me. I just love food way too much. I don't think the things I love to eat will ever change, I literally could not give up things. For example, I could never give up chocolate. I can eat it less, but I am a woman and sometimes we just need a chocolate fix. I couldn't give up my favorite foods. I have read some places online that you shouldn't give up foods, but make better choices, and eat smaller portions. I did not do very well with the portions today. We decided to go to 3 Margaritas, yummy Mexican food. I honestly think beans and rice are good for you, and are healthier than say Italian food. Eating out is my weakness. I'm so use to eating out. Our original plan was to go and split a meal, but my eyes were very hungry and decided they wanted their own meal. I need more will power. I did work out today though, so I feel that I did have a little will power. I really, really, really did NOT want to work out today. I put it off for a while, but I kept thinking about my motivation and how I've done really good so far. I also saw that someone on my Facebook page lost 51 lbs, that is in itself a motivation for me. It says, "It CAN be done." I need to lose about 50 lbs to be at my goal weight. Sometimes, though, I just think, "that is a lot of weight, it can never be done." But, I see that someone else did it, someone I actually know! I just need to remember, baby steps. Keep working at it, even though the scale says I haven't lost anything yet, it will eventually. I want to do other forms of exercise. I want to go running, play volleyball, tennis, go bicycling, swimming. It's hard to do some of these things by yourself. My husband is not very good motivation sometimes. I don't think he would mind doing some of these things he just never wants to. How do I motivate my husband to do things with me? He likes to go hiking, so at least I have that, but that requires driving places sometimes. I can't wait until it warms up a little more so I can go out hiking. I think I will set a goal to go hiking at least once a week. We bought a pass for the Rocky Mountain National Forest, so we need to use that pass as much as possible. I really want to become a more active person. It is just so easy to sit on the couch all day and be lazy, why is it so easy to be lazy? Well when we move I will have a pool, and so I will also hopefully go swimming every day. I really do want to become more active.

No comments:

Post a Comment