Today during church I planned out what we will be eating this week. I think this would be a good habit for me. This way I won't be tempted to eat out, because I've already planned something for every meal, and none of my plans involve eating out. I made a box for every day of the week. In each box I have BLD-Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. I also have Exercise, and then things I want to get done for the day. So for example this is what Monday looks like.
Monday-Work 5:30-11:00
B-Oatmeal and toast
L-Corn Dogs
D-Orange Chicken
Exercise: Tennis
-Pack one box
-Clean bathroom
-Do laundry
-Grocery shopping
And the week continues like that. The meals aren't super healthy, but they're what we have. the week gets healthier after I go grocery shopping. I also made a grocery shopping list at the very bottom of the page. If you didn't notice I got a job. Of all the "fast food" places I could get a job this would be the best one to help me loose weight. I work at Pita Pit. It is a Mediterranean food, and it's a lot like subway. Instead of carb-loaded bread we use pitas. You can get unlimited veggies on them and you can choose what type of meat, if any. They have normal sandwich type meats, or meats you put on the grill, and they have their Mediterranean meats. I've tried the Gyro(pronounced Euro) and the Souvlaki, which is basically a seasoned chicken meat. I didn't care for the gyro-which is beef and lamb strips. It's a lot like bologna except it's made from beef and lamb. One thing people don't know about pitas, is how to make them taste yummy. Yeah you can pick your meat, but you really need to load the pita with veggies to make it taste amazing. I would suggest getting hummus, it's really good, and then all the veggies you like, then they have a greek tzatziti(pronounced tah-zee-kee) sauce. All it is is a yogurt garlic cucumber spread. So kinda like sour cream but healthier. When I first tried it I had a cucumber with it, and I didn't really like it that much. But when I tried my Souvlaki pita I decided to try it on the pita as a whole and it was amazing. When I make my pita I like to grill some of my veggies, this really makes the pita taste a million times better. I grilled roasted red peppers, mushrooms, and green bell peppers. Super yummy! So I'm going to attempt to make pitas at home. I'm going to buy some veggies and hope it turns out good. If you haven't tried Pita pit you should!! Another good thing about working here is we get $2 pitas. If we work a long shift we get a free pita. I'm actually glad that I'm only working part time. Even though it's not a bad place to work, I still don't love it.
I have written down a schedule of exercising. I really am planning on doing all of it! I want to be a healthier person! We're going to California in 2 weeks. I know I'm not going to really change anything, but I think it would be nice to look a little better than I do now. I will keep you posted, every Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment