I was reading an article I saw on Facebook. A guy managed to pay off his really expensive student loan debt within a year. I would love to do that, but I don't think that will happen for us. It would help if I got a nice job. Then we would have that extra income to pay for our student loans. Something I learned from reading his experience is that he had to really become disciplined and committed. I always want to change things about myself. Not that I'm not happy with who I am, but I always feel like I could be a better person. My problem is that I'm so use to the way that I am that changing is difficult. I have very bad discipline! I am a person who lives for the moment. I'd rather relax than work out, or eat out than stay home and find something to make for dinner. I didn't use to always be this way. I remember when I was in college I tried to keep my room cleaned (for the most part). If there was something I wanted to change about myself I would just do it. I don't know what it is but for some reason I am just not pushing myself like I use to. I wonder if it has to do with being married. I have someone who will love me no matter what so why should I try to improve on the person that I am? I know that is silly thinking, but I think sometimes that might be the underlining reason. I keep thinking that maybe later on when I have kids, I'll have a reason to make myself better. I'll want to cook dinner every night for my kids, keep the house clean, exercise so I can keep up with them. That may be true, but I don't know. I just know that I want to change. I need to start forming better habits. My biggest bad habit is eating out. I have some weird associations with eating out. My family would always eat out, so I associate spending time with loved ones, with eating out. I know that there are different things we can do to spend time with each other, and it doesn't have to involve eating out. I just need to really try my hardest and not eat out anymore. I think once I find the self control for eating out, then It will open other things I would like to change, like exercising, and cleaning. Well, if you have any suggestions for me on breaking bad habits I would appreciate the help.
Oh, so I decided I would try running in the morning, really early with Nick. I forced myself out of bed, and we tried running just around our apartment complex. I made it like half way, and then had a cramp. I got home, and I definitely pulled a muscle in my hip. I'm not sure how I did that, but it hurts to walk. Running when I'm not fully awake (me or my body) was a bad idea. I think I'm more of an evening type of person.
No comments:
Post a Comment