I've decided to turn this blog into an all around blog about me. The things I like to do, the things that happen to me. The way I feel and the things I create.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Finding time
I started a new job back in October. Ever since I started I have not been able to find the energy or time to go to the gym. I wake up at 5:30, 30 min. after my husband wakes up. Get ready for work, leave by 6:00-6:15, then work until 2:00 PM. Since I travel to and from work with my hubby, because we only have one car, I do a lot of waiting around. I wait until 7 to clock in, then I wait until 2:50 for him to get off work. Fall was marching band season so on MWF he did marching band usually until 5:30, during this time I wait, because seriously there is not much else to do in Somerton. We get home around 6:00 figure something out for dinner, and by this time i'm way too tired to go and work out, or too hungry to work out until after dinner, which I have to cook. On Tues/Thurs we would get out by 2:50 so occasionally I'd be able to go work out, but most days I spend walking around or standing, no sitting, so I'm tired by the time we get home. This year his schedule will be a little different. Hopefully he will be done by 4 or something to that effect. I can hopefully think of some more slow cooking/crock pot meals so I can not have to worry about cooking when I get home. Hopefully this will help me be able to work out more. My goal for 2012 was to loose 30 lbs. I lost 10 before Christmas, gained most of it back after Christmas. We recently participated in a pioneer trek, walking 28ish miles in 4 days, I'm hoping that helped with all the weight I gained back over Christmas. I'm still going to keep trying! I think that is most important, not giving up when you feel like you're not succeeding. I can say that right now I'm battling weight, and neither of us are winning. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I haven't gained anymore either. I sometimes wonder how people do it. They seem to be able to work all day long, then go to the gym after work and still have time to do stuff at home to relax. I feel like I have no time to do anything! I get home and I'm so completely tired that I just eat sleep, and work, and the cycle continues. Well here's hoping 2013 will be better than 2012.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment